When setting up or reviewing your policy:
- Choose higher deductibles if you have the financial resources to do so.
- Check to see what valuables you may have as scheduled articles and consider whether or not you would like to incorporate those into the main policy or whether a special limits endorsement would suffice.
- Inquire about discounts, such as a mortgage-free or monitored alarm discount.
When your policy is in force:
- Avoid filing minor claims if you can afford to pay for the damage out of existing resources.
- Protect your insurance record and avoid untimely cancellation by paying your premiums on time.